We had word that Ridley Scott was coming back to make an Alien prequel. Ridley scott’s and Damon Lindelof’s movie is now called Promethius. It is the same flavor as Alien but a different universe.
Here are just a few questions…
- What about news that it was an Alien prequel set in 2085, 30 years before Alien?
- What about finding out who the Space Jockey was?
- What about Weland Corporation, the early iteration of Weyland-Yutani Corp.?
- What about Xenomorphs?
- What about H.R. Giger?
- What the hell happened?
Promethius is set for release March 9, 2012.
Read more here…
Just like Jason, Freddy and Michael there just can’t be enough Alien. Alien has been whored out to the point that it doesn’t matter if we are talking quality anymore…we’re talking quantity now. Now comes the news that the upcoming prequel will actually be a two-movie prequel. AWESOME! Why is it awesome? Because two is more quantity than one. Simple as that. Oh yeah, they’ll be in 3-D too.
We heard from Ridley Scott the prequel would revolve around “The Space Jockey” from the first Alien. In case you don’t remember “The Space Jockey” I guess it is this guy…
I consider myself a fan of the Alien franchise. I own them all on DVD, even the Predator crossovers, I have seen the first one 8-10 times. I don’t remember this “Space Jockey” AT ALL. I admit it has been awhile but you would think it would have more impact on me if it is worth basing two prequels on.
- Alien (1979)
- Aliens (1986)
- Alien3 (1992)
- Alien Resurrection (1997)
- Alien vs. Predator (2004) (prequel to Alien, sequel to Predator 2)
- Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (2007)
- Alien -1, Alien 0
- Alien: The Beginning, Alien: The Middle Part
- Ali, Alie
Read more here…